Can content creation help your company move forward?
Being heard is tough in our busy world. And if you are heard, you need to make sure you deliver the right message to the right audience in the right tone. Content creation plays a key role in that.
What is content creation?
Content creation literally means creating content which your company uses to connect with your audience(s). For example, think of websites, articles, news stories, or social media posts, whether they use text, photos, or video. But there are many more forms of, and channels for, content…
What content formats and channels are there?
It’s good to be aware of the many ways there are to reach your audience. So here’s just a couple:
- Website content
- Social media posts
- Whitepapers & e-books
- Videos & vlogs
- Brochures, leaflets & leaflets
- Blog articles
- Testimonials & success stories
- Press and news
- Newsletters & mailings
- Quizzes, competitions & challenges
- Websites, webshops, & Internet
- Social media
- On & offline ads
- Trade fairs & events
- Appointments & calls
What can you expect from a content creation agency?
With the range of content formats and channels we listed above, it’s really all about a number of core disciplines. Your content creation partner needs to have mastered these disciplines:
- Write text (copy)
- Conversation & Presentation
In addition to these creative disciplines, you should expect more skills from an agency. These are skills that are vital to us at rebelieve:
- Strategic insight
- A drive to work together
- A focus on results
How do you know what content your company needs?
You can find out the content that your company needs through a content audit. With a content audit, you can analyze your content and found out how it compares to your and your customers’ needs. After that, you can map out what it will take to make sure that your communication content is in line with both your demands and the needs of your customers. Through a content audit, you can figure out where you need new content (or if a content revision is enough).
Why is content creation important?
Without content, you can’t say anything. When online communication is on the rise, both in business-to-consumer (B2C) and business-to-business (B2B) sectors, it is vital that you are visible online – and saying something to your target group(s). For that, you need good content. With it, you can make sure that both your external and internal communications are correct, complete, relevant, and engaging. And in combination with search engine optimization (SEO), you can improve your findability online.
Content creation is, or should be, an ongoing process. And by regularly updating your website, social media, and other resources, you’re more likely to reach your audience
What does a good content creator deliver?
By working with a skilled content creator, you can almost guarantee that your content will clearly communicate to your audience. If you set general quality goals, you can make sure all your content is up to a certain standard. And with strategic goals, such as more brand awareness or followers, more traffic on your website, a higher conversion rate, or greater marketing efficiency. If you link your content creation plan to clear strategic goals, you can measure the results and adjust them in follow-up revisions.
How does an external content creator work?
Because content has so many forms and channels, there are many ways to create content. At rebelieve, we follow these general steps in content creation:
- Charting your needs and wishes as a company
- Learning and linking your inside-out and outside-in stories
- Together, we pick the right format and channel for the content
- Agree on a budget and planning
- Getting the input for the content, usually through interviews and documentation
- Delivering a rough design or a first version
- Working on it through 1-2 feedback rounds and then deliver a final version
- Assessing the content and its impact
- We make proposals for maintenance, revision, or new creation
How can rebelieve help with content creation?
Are you looking for a partner to create new content for your company? Feel free to contact us at rebelieve:
- Communication and content specialists with extensive experience and a broad perspective
- Strong in both B2B and B2C communications
- Internationally oriented: Dutch and native English
- Fast turnaround
- Effective problem solvers
- A fun and creative team to work with